Saturday 17 March 2012

I D K B I M S T D T O I C B A U H/019

The words and C list Miami society pages portraits were gleaned from a property glossy found in a hotel lobby on South Beach. Very disturbing. Their minor royals. Obviously, the logo usage sets out to confuse. It's incredible how a marque can completely change the meaning. Put your finger over the logo and it's rather bland, I think.  I had a show with many of these and I convinced many attendees that they were real advertising campaigns which shows how far advanced Europe is in marketing and branding strategy; and how far big multi-nationals were prepared to go to seem to be cool.

Many Manhattan-based creative directors thought this astonishing, and sagely nodded as I told them this, unblinking, believing me, thinking America was too conservative within advertising.

Such beautiful idiocy.

No comments:

Post a Comment